- Replacement of candles and cleaning of the candle holders.
- Time Commitment: scheduled to serve one month per calendar year.
- Contact: Carmel Zetts 910-209-1079.
- The linen committee is a group of ladies and/or gentlemen who care for the linens which are used for the celebration of the Eucharist.
- They are assigned to wash and iron if needed) the linens for one month a year.
- There is no training needed.
- Contact Pat McLaughlin 910-287-5479
- Assist the priest at Mass as needed with processions, blessings, rituals and readings. The ministry is open to all parish members in fifth grade or above who have received first Eucharist. Training provided.
- Contact: Ellen Lehrer 910-575-5340
- Enhances the worship experience of every parishioner by providing a good sound system and/or operation of video cameras; assist with the sound equipment for weekend liturgies and special liturgies.
- Time Commitment: as needed; initial training is provided.
- Contact – Joe Carpinello 910-579-9660
- Processes weekend offertory collection every Monday.
- Time Commitment: Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. on a monthly rotating basis.
- Contact: Fran Radley 910-575-2427
- Assist with distribution of the Eucharist at daily and weekend masses.
- Daily eucharistic ministers may also be needed to prepare the altar for mass, arrange for lectors and altar servers and oversee all that is needed for the liturgy of the day.
- Take communion to those who are homebound or in hospitals or nursing homes. Initial training and periodic formation sessions are required.
- Contact: English speakers Pat McLaughlin, 910-287-5479.
- Contact: Spanish speakers Antonio Tranquilino, 910-755-7924.
- Recruit liturgical ministers as needed for funerals; meet with the family to plan the liturgy.
- Time Commitment: as needed; initial training provided.
- Contact – Pat Mc Laughlin 910-287-5479
- Proclaim the Word of God at weekend, daily, Holy Days and special liturgies.
- A strong voice, clear diction, familiarity with scripture, and a willingness to read before the congregation are helpful assets.
- Time commitment: as often as their schedule permits; arrive 30 minutes before Mass begins.
- Contact: weekend masses: David Morris 910-477-7055
- Contact: daily mass: Dave Rosenfeld 910-579-2704
This ministry includes adult choirs, cantors, organists, and instrumentalists.
Support and enhance the sung prayer of the assembly.
- Time Commitment: accompany for masses on organ, piano on a regular basis or for special liturgies; periodic formation sessions.
- Contact: Judy Snopek 910-755-0927
Director Sandy Gemach 910-620-0092
- Sanctuary – Time commitment: rehearses every Tuesday evening and sings at three masses a month on a rotational basis; summers off
- Contemporary– Time commitment: rehearses every other Wednesday afternoon and sings at the 5:00 pm Mass on Saturdays, five times a year.
o Both choirs partake in Community and extra Church-related events.
- Cantors – must possess a good voice, confidence and poise, and must complete at least one Cantor Training Class. Time commitment: under the direction of the Music Coordinator, lead the musical worship during liturgies when the choir is not present; rehearsals and formation as needed.
Contact: Judy Snopek 910-755-0927
- Hispanic Choir – practice each Wednesday evening and under the direction of Sister Rosanne Caiazzo 910-616-2105
- Assist with planning and preparing the ritual space on an ongoing basis and/or for special liturgies; help design decorations for the main church appropriate to each liturgical season; responsible for maintenance of live plants.
- Time commitment: varies per the liturgical season, including Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, Pentecost and Ordinary Time.
- Contact – Sandy Nelson 910-754-7767 or Nancy Anstock 910-575-7680
- Welcome parishioners and visitors to the Eucharistic celebration; assist and guide the smooth flow of the congregation during communion, presentation of the gifts, and various processions; conduct the collection, distribute bulletins, and attend to special needs.
- Time commitment: serve at weekend liturgies and other special liturgical celebrations as often as their schedule permits (if possible, one mass each weekend).
- Contact: Jack Dambaugh 910-287-7566
- Work with bride and groom on details for wedding liturgy prior to the day of the wedding; facilitate wedding rehearsal; ensure that essential details and setup are handled at the wedding celebration.
- Time commitment: some time spent with the wedding couple before the wedding; direction of wedding rehearsal (2 hours); help with setup and coordination of processions on the wedding day (3 hours); variable frequency; initial training and periodic formation sessions.
- Contact: Gail Callan 732-690-3006